Paying Your Fire Taxes By Credit CardSouth Fire District makes it easy to pay your fire tax bills by credit card. We use the services of Official Payments Corporation to handle these transactions safely and securely. Credit card payments may be made on-line or by phone.
This service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government regulations. In order to process your payment, Official Payments Corporation (the credit card service provider) charges a nominal convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction.
Paying By PhoneCall this toll-free number: 1-800-2PAY-TAX (800-272-9829). Enter Jurisdiction Code 1767 when prompted. Have your fire tax bill handy; you will be asked for the bill number (this is the "List Number" on your tax bill).
Paying On-LineTo pay your taxes on-line, visit the officialpayments.com web site. On that web site...
- Click the Make a Payment button
- Click the link for Local Payment.
- Enter Jurisdiction Code 1767 on the left side of the page, where indicated.
(On this page, please do not use the selection boxes on the right.)
- On subsequent pages, you will be asked to enter the following:
- Payment Type (Real Estate, Personal Property, or Motor Vehicle Fire Tax)
- Note: To ensure proper credit for your tax payment, please verify that the "Payment Entity" selector says "South Fire District".
- The amount of the tax payment
- Your Bill Number (this is the "List Number" on your tax bill)
- Your credit card information
- Tell you the total of your payment, including the convenience fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Issue an on-screen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement: the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.
Use the following links to learn more about this service and find answers any questions you may have: