Details of 2008 Open House Announced
September 23, 2008
The Open House is held in conjunction with Fire Prevention Week, which runs from October 5 - 11, 2008. The theme of Fire Prevention week this year is "Prevent Home Fires".
• Amber Alert Child Identification
• Fire Safety Trailer
• Firefighter Training "Maze" Trailer
• Antique Fire Apparatus
• State Fire Marshals Fire Investigation Unit
and Accelerant Detecting K-9
• State of Connecticut Urban Search and Rescue Vehicle and Equipment
• State of Connecticut DEP Wildlife Trailer
• Emergency Management Mobile Hospital
• Hunters Ambulance
• Middlesex Hospital Paramedic
• Connecticut State Police Vehicle Safety Exhibits
• Fire Department Dive Rescue and Firefighting Equipment
Each exhibit will be staffed with Professionals to explain and guide you through.
More Open House Features and Exhibits:
• "Sparky" the Fire Dog
• Fire prevention and other public safety literature will be available.
• A 911 Simulator provides training on the use of 911
• Activities for the Children include a Spiderman Moon Bounce, an Inflatable Slide, and Games.
• Popcorn, Balloons, and Drinks will be available. Hot Dogs, Soda and a Dunk Tank will be provided by Local 3918 I.A.F.F. as a Charity Benefit.
• A Vehicle Extrication Demonstration will be performed by Firefighters